I am honored and pleased to announce that I have been nominated by Hammocks & Notebooks for the Liebster Award!
“Liebster is a word with German origins meaning dearest, sweetest, kindest, and beloved. The Liebster Award exists only on the internet, and is an award given to bloggers by bloggers. The award is given to bloggers with less than 200 followers. The purpose of the Liebster Award is to recognize and discover upcoming talent in the blogosphere through a Pay it Forward initiative.”
Isn’t that nice! I love a good Pay It Forward.
There are some rules involved with this award:
- You must link back to the person who nominated you (but cannot nominate them)
- You must answer the 10 questions given to the nominee before you.
- You must select 10 blogs with under 200 followers to answer your 10 questions.
And now the questions I received from hammocks & notebooks:
- What inspires you to travel?
Knowing that there is always more beauty out there waiting for me to experience it
2. Do you prefer to travel solo or with company?
I adore solo traveling but that doesn’t mean I don’t enjoy meeting people on the road and traveling with them for a day, or a week or whatever works.
3. Where is your dream destination?
4. What do you miss most from home when traveling?
My niece and my dog.
5. Why did you start your blog?
A myriad of reasons: too much free time; too many great stories to tell; wanting to try my hand out at writing; wanting to give back to the universe a bit of what I got from all the travel bogs I read when I first began my journey.
6. What’s your 3 travel essentials?
My kindle, my kindle and my kindle!!! ok, fine so that’s the same one repeated three times… let me try again: My kindle; a good, positive attitude; comfortable shoes
7. If you could give your younger self advice, what would it be?
Don’t wait so long to start traveling. The world is your oyster.
8. Your favourite book? ( I love reading and need some inspirations as I’m nearly out of books!)
I love reading too so this is nearly impossible to answer… so I’ll change it to my favourite book this year: Americanah by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
9. The best travel advice you’ve been given?
10. Your favourite city?
Honestly don’t know… I will say Maputo-Mozambique and Santiago de Chile but that’s only because I call them both home…
My nominees are : (I only just entered the blogging world so I only found 7 blogs that I liked and had less than 200 followers… I thus added one that had a bit more than 200… but I still couldn’t come up with 10 names!! … sorry!)
And my questions for my nominees:
- Why did you start your blog?
- What’s your favourite part of blogging?
- What’s the best advice you’ve received about blogging?
- When was the first time you traveled?
- Where are you going on your next adventure?
- A favourite dish that’s not from your country?
- Favourite songs to listen to on long bus,train or plane rides?
- If you could be anywhere right now where would you be?
- Travel photoblog or well written post?
- what advice would you give someone about to start a blog?
have fun answering! 🙂
Now go! 🙂