These past two weeks I’ve been traveling in Spain with my mother (who I hadn’t seen in two years) which basically means no alone time and thus also no blogging time (I need a quiet space and moment in order to write) So when Roseann’s journey nominated me for the Versatile Blogger award I saw it as a sign that I needed to get my act together and blog about all the wonderful experiences I’ve been having here. So thank you Roseann!
But first I must follow the rules of the Versatile Blogger award. Mainly because I don’t want 7 years of bad luck or whatever it is that happens to people who don’t comply with the rules 😉
And the rules are :
- Show the award on your blog.
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Share seven facts about yourself.
- Nominate 15 blogs.
- Link your nominees’ blogs, and let them know.
Step one and two are done so here goes the third… aka seven outstanding, never before heard facts about me :
- I’m short (157cm ; 5ft 1in) and I love it. While everybody else is struggling to fit in their tiny economy flight sits I manage to curl into a ball and sleep.
- I absolutely abhor cold weather, and by cold I mean anything bellow 20 Celsius…
- At the end of this month I’m moving to China for a year (so expect lots of Chinese tales to be posted)
- I’ve been to every single continent except the Antarctic… but considering how from point 2 you already know I hate the cold I don’t know If I’ll ever make it…
- My desktop wallpaper is a map of the world.
- I love munching on dried cranberries, they are my favourite snack in this universe
- If a genie offered me one and only one wish it would be to have teletransport become a reality. And an economic viable one, because it’s no use if it exists but it’s so expensive only the top 1% can benefit from it!
And now ton to step 4, to nominate fellow amazing bloggers… this is hard… I love so many blogs how can I possibly choose only 15!? Sigh… on no particular order here go the lucky 15 :
- Anja Rakas ; She hasn’t posted in a while but she is my bestie and I miss her so perhaps this will inspire her to write…
- Rusty Travel trunk ; Probably one of the first blogs I started following plus I was once her, working in a cubicle and constantly planning my next escape
- My Travel Monkey ; Only just began following her but the few bits I’ve read were pretty cool plus I love what she’s done with her page style-wise
- See Fleck Run . I absolutely love her sense of humour and her doodles and stickmen are the perfect illustration to her posts.
- Dancing with Shadows ; Also one of the first blogs I started following, she doesn’t post much but when she does her photos are amazing plus she is just a beautiful person leaving beautiful comments when she comes by my blog 🙂
- Serendipity ; What do you say of someone you’ve never met (unless exchanging comments on wordpress counts) yet you are sure you’d be good friends if you did?
- Darwin on the rocks and around the world ; She tends to post about the side of the world I’m afraid to venture into… aka the cold northern european world
- Indie Butterfly ; because I like her attitude, her honesty and she just has some awesome stories to share.
- The Bantam Blogger ; because she is so honest and her posts lighten my days
- Whimsical Escapes ; I like her genuine style and her post topics vary often making her an obvious candidate for an award called “the Versatile Blogger”
- Jennifer’s journeys ; because the last line in her about page is : The way I see it – if you want to have a spectacular life you have to do spectacular things!
- 3 weeks and a shoestring ; Because her blog’s name is enough to make me eternally grateful for the 3 months vacation time I get every year. Plus she somehow manages to always have amazing holiday experiences to post about. Probably something to do with the other 49 weeks stuck in a cubicle 😉
- Packing my suitcase ; because she is a Brazilian living in Germany who loves traveling. Thus, tons os posts on both countries and a few others… plus she has a Portuguese version of her blog where she somehow finds the time to translate everything from the english version and repost it!! As in she writes every article twice!! *respect*
- The Mauritian Geographer ; because amongst many other things she has a post on Germany and board games
- Travel Morgan Travel ; because she lived in Ireland which is a country I’ve always wanted to visit
Step 5 : blogs are linked and I will let them know as soon as I hit publish on this post…
And that’s all Folks (yes I used to love bugs bunny as a child)